Hi, we’re Rachel and Amanda – two Bloomfield Hills Schools PTO moms and co-founders of Grace in the Race. We’re on a mission to help moms coordinate their chaos and our current objective is to make online learning efficient, user-friendly and automated. Our mission is nearly complete! We’ve created a solution and now all we have left to do is get it in your hands!
Our solution runs on on Tick Tick — NOT — TikTok . . .
We utilize a productivity app & desktop program called Tick Tick (not be confused with TikTok). It’s a powerful to-do list program that allows one to:
- schedule recurring tasks in a to-do list
- set alarms for tasks such as virtual class meetings and office hours
- copy and paste web links for virtual meetings directly into tasks so your student never misses another one (because by now, we’re guessing every student has missed at least one)
- and likewise, add web links for Google Docs, Google Classroom, other websites into individual tasks
Since we’re not busy with our usual PTO responsibilities, we’ve spent hours building to-do list content based on the BHS Continuous Learning 2.0 Curriculum. All you have to do is import the file for your student’s grade into Tick Tick and you’ll be ready to rock the school day.
To try it out, follow the directions below. Tick Tick has a really quick learning curve, and after that, you and your student(s) will be on your way to being more productive and efficient while experiencing less stress. Best of all, the tasks are editable, customizable and repeatable (which means you won’t be scrambling each morning to figure out what your student needs to do!) Frankly, you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
1. Create a free Tick Tick account on your computer.
- Initial setup needs to be done on a COMPUTER to import the BHS files.
- You can get the Tick Tick app in your app store for use on your phone after the setup.
2. Download the Bloomfield Hills Continuous Learning 2.0 Files that coordinate with your student’s grade level
- Download just the grade level for your child. You will be instructed to import these into Tick Tick in the next step.
- You don’t need to open these files. Simply download them so you can turn around and upload them into Tick Tick in the next step.
3. Open Tick Tick and Import the files
- Go to Settings
- Select Backup on the left
- Select Import Backup at the top
- Select the files you downloaded (you’ll have to do each one separately)
- Your list is now imported
4. Learn and Customize!
- Included in your imported list are DIRECTIONS to learn how to customize/change dates, times and more.
5. Share the list with your student
- Once your student’s list is set up on your computer, create a Tick Tick account for your student on the device he or she will use to access online learning.
- The instructions to share your list with your student will pop up in your Tick Tick account once you import the files
- Now your student(s) can access their list only (and won’t see their siblings or your own personal lists in their account)
6. Have questions? Email us!
- Rachel Antone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Pullukat: email@example.com