Hi, we’re Rachel and Amanda .
We’re two PTO moms on a mission
to automate Home Learning to make it
more efficient and user-friendly.
Our mission is nearly complete! We’ve created a solution that runs on a productivity app & desktop program called Tick Tick — NOT — TikTok . . . and now all we have left to do is get it in your hands!
Tick Tick is a powerful to-do list program that allows one to:
- schedule recurring tasks in a to-do list
- set alarms for tasks such as virtual class meetings and office hours
- copy and paste web links for virtual meetings directly into tasks so your student never misses another one (because by now, we’re guessing every student has missed at least one)
- and likewise, add web links for google docs, websites and more into individual tasks
Since we’re not busy with our usual PTO responsibilities, we’ve spent hours building to-do list content for a basic home learning curriculum. All you have to do is import that file that coordinates to your student’s grade into Tick Tick, customize it to your student’s schedule and you’ll be ready to rock this online learning thing.
If you want to give it a try, follow the directions below. Tick Tick has a really quick learning curve, and after that, you and your student(s) will be productive, efficient and flying through your day with less stress. All the tasks are editable, customizable and repeatable (which means you won’t be scrambling each morning to figure out what your student needs to do!) You’ll wonder how you lived without it!
1. Create a free Tick Tick account on your computer.
- Initial setup needs to be done on a COMPUTER to import the files
- You can get the Tick Tick app in your app store for use on your phone after the setup
2. Download the Home Learning Files that coordinate with your student’s grade level
- Download just the grades you need for your children. You will easily import these into Tick Tick in the next step.
- You don’t need to open these files. Simply download them so you can turn around and upload them into Tick Tick in the next step.
3. Open Tick Tick and Import the files
- Go to Settings
- Select Backup on the left
- Select Import Backup at the top
- Select the files you downloaded (you’ll have to do each one separately)
- Your list is now imported
4. Learn and Customize!
- Included in your imported list are DIRECTIONS to learn how to customize/change dates, times and more.
5. Share the list with your student
- Once your student’s list is set up on your computer, create a Tick Tick account for your student on the device he or she will use to access online learning
- The instructions to share your list with your student will pop up in your Tick Tick account once you import the files
- Now your student(s) can access their list only (and won’t see their siblings or your own personal lists in their account)
6. Have any questions? Email us!
- Rachel Antone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Pullukat: email@example.com