Grace in the Race has compiled a list of ideas for you, for your kids and for your whole family to partake in during your next staycation. We are currently in the middle of a ‘staycation’ due to COVID-19. Let us know what you think and if you have other ideas, please add them to the comments below.
For the family:
- Get out the old photo albums and reminisce (do you have your baby album to show the kids, mom?)
- Have a read-a-thon!
- Read a book aloud and then watch the movie (Holes by Louis Sachar is a great start)
- Watch all the Marvel movies in chronological order
- Make s’mores in the fireplace
- Host a Top Chef-style cooking contest
- As a family, attempt a 10-day plank challenge, building up to holding a 2:45 plank
For the kids:
- Pop a tent in the living room for some indoor camping
- Make shower melts
- Stay in your PJs all day!
- Break out the arts & crafts
- Write a letter to grandparents or other friends & relatives
- See if there’s anything you can get ahead of: boy scout requirements, homework, school projects, etc.
- Make your own movies on a favorite app like iMovie
- Learn a new skill like Origami
- Create your own board game and play it as a family
For the mom:
- Organize/delete photos on your phone
- Sort old papers in your file cabinet. Have the kids help shred!
- Organize your email inbox! Take 5-15 minutes a day to sort, delete & archive
- 20 Item Purge: Go through your house and throw out/donate 20 things
- Use one of those shower melts the kids made!
- Binge season 1 of Dead to Me on Netflix. What are your favorites? Add them in the comments below.
- Read a book
- Spend time with your headphones on!
- Download a meditation app. Rachel likes Insight Timer