- Go to Settings by clicking on your name/email
- Preferences should be selected already
- Change Time Format to 12h
- Change the theme or any other settings if you’d like
Update Tasks That Are Overdue
If your tasks import and are overdue (they were due before today), change the dates of all tasks to today:
- Hover over each task and click on the … to the right of the task
- Click on the …
- Select the sun icon which moves that task to today
- Do this for all tasks on your list
- They will then repeat on their regular schedule
Renaming Your List
- ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN, HOVER OVER THE LIST TO BE RENAMED UNTIL 3 DOTS APPEAR.
- Click on the 3 dots that appear.
- SELECT Edit.
- Rename your list (e.g., “Billy’s Home Learning Schedule).
Sort your lists
- While in each list click on the icon with the checkmark/box and change that to “By Time” so that your lists are sorted by the time of the task.
- You’ll only have to do this once.
Change the Date/Time
- Click on the task you want to change.
- Click on the date/time or Due Date in the upper right of your screen
- Follow the prompts to change the date and time
- Times can be removed by clicking on the x next to the time
- Times can be added here as well
- Dates can be changed by clicking on the calendar
- You can set a reminder for tasks (make sure your notifications are set on your device)
- You can also change the repeat schedule here (see further instructions in another direction)
Removing Set Times From Your List
- Click on the task
- Click on the Date/Time in the top right
- Hover to the right of the time and click the x.
- The time is now gone. The due dates/repeat schedules will still be there
Deleting Tasks (forever)
- To delete a task forever hover your mouse on the task
- 3 dots will appear.
- Click on the dots and select Delete
- This deletes the task forever.
- If you only want to check it off for the day, simply click the checkbox to the left of the task. It will repeat on the next scheduled date as long as it’s been set up to repeat.
Scheduling a Task to Repeat
- Click on the task you want to repeat (or edit if it’s already scheduled to repeat).
- Click on the date/time or Due Date in the upper right of your screen.
DATE/TIME OR DUE DATE SEEMS CONFUSING . . . IS IT TWO DIFFERENT THINGS ON DIFFERENT PLATFORMS?
- Click Set Repeat
- Select how you want the task to repeat
HOW OR WHEN?
- If you want the task to repeat Monday-Friday select Custom, then:
- Select Mo Tu We Th Fr so that the circle highlights those days
- If you want to change the frequency to less than every week, change that, but if you want the task to repeat each Monday-Friday, nothing else is needed.
INSTEAD OF ‘CHANGE THAT’ EXPLAIN “THAT”
- Select OK
Sharing a List With Your Student
- Create a Tick Tick account for the person you want to share the list with and have them confirm their account in their email.
- In your account, hover to the right of the list over the number of tasks until the 3 dots appear.
HOVER OVER THE TASK LIST YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE UNTIL 3 DOTS APPEAR.
- Click the 3 dots and select Share.
- Enter the email address of the person with whom you’d like to share the list.
- Ask the person you’re sharing the list with to accept the shared list by clicking on the notification in the bell icon at the top of your screen.
THE STUDENT RECEIVING THE LIST WILL SEE A NOTIFICATION BELL ICON AT THE TOP OF HIS/HER TICK TICK SCREEN. CLICK THE ICON TO IMPORT THE SHARED LIST.
- The list should NOW be shared
- AT THIS POINT, either of you can add, change or delete tasks and those changes will be reflected IN BOTH TICK TICK ACCOUNTS.
- The list you share WITH YOUR STUDENT is the only list the recipient will see. The recipient will not have access to any other lists you may have in your account.