What are your thoughts on grounding?
At our house, we don’t subscribe to grounding our kids because, frankly, it’s too much work for parents! I forget to be disappointed in them and then I seem like a pushover because I’m not enforcing the punishment, when I simply forgot! I’m a busy mom!
The idea of getting grounded actually sounds inviting to me… being sent to my room, slamming the door (for effect, of course), getting into my jammies, and curling up with a good book… for a week. Yes please!
Who am I kidding? We’ve all been grounded for a year.
As we start to come out of our homebound sentence, however, it will be important to stay grounded… the other kind of grounded… the Zen kind.
31 ways to get, be and stay grounded
We’ve compiled a listicle of 31 tips and resources from this week’s Smart Reads to help you get, be and stay grounded in the present moment as we forge into the next season of this pandemic. You’ll notice some overlap and recurring themes in this list… pay special attention to those!
- Stay grounded with meditation
- Disconnect from social media and the news
- Practice deep breathing
- Connect with nature to literally ground yourself
- Forget yourself and serve others
- Ground yourself with positive affirmations
- Trust in the moment
- Meditate for a few minutes
- Make a short list
- Set intentions
- Realize you’re already there
- Keep a stateless mindset
- Let go of finishing your list or inbox
- Try a moment of mindfulness
- Inhale a pleasant scent
- Escape into a book
- Reenergize with a smoothie
- Try the nature cure
- Download one of these 5-minute apps
- Snag some exercise endorphins
- Color yourself calm
- Create an instant spa
- Open your ears to music therapy
- Opt for natural furnishings
- Bring plants inside
- Add sound absorption
- Minimise reflective objects and surfaces
- Avoid fluorescent lighting
- EMF proof you home
- Earthing mats – yes, these are a thing!
Give yourself grace by getting grounded in the present moment!
The past is just that. Don’t let it define you. All we have is the present moment. Get, be and stay grounded in it like your future depends on it!
#1-6: From How to Stay Grounded and Centered in Life: 6 Techniques by Yolanda at Put the Kettle On: Create the Life you Love
#7-14: From Zen Productivity by Leo Babauta
#15-24: From 10 Ways for Busy Moms to Find Their Zen in 5 Minutes by Jennifer King Lindley
#25-31: From The Urban Guide To Grounding Your Home, weavershop.co
This editorial came from our weekly newsletter. Click the button below to read the full issue.
Get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly. Click the button below to subscribe.
There are several ways to experience Grace in the Race. Click the button below to explore them.